Thursday, November 4, 2021

10 Mixes That Should Be in Your Pantry

        I love making up my own mixes to keep ready and on hand in my pantry.  It is so fulfilling to look into my pantry and see the shelves lined up with my filled mason jars.  It gives me a sense of comfort knowing I have them on hand to prepare for my family.

            Having homemade mixes on hand just makes sense. They are super convenient and are quick and easy to use. Homemade mixes are so much better than store-bought ones.  They not only taste better but they are better for you and your family because you control the ingredients so you can leave out the additives, dyes and preservatives that are normally in ones that you buy from the store.

            Here are some of my favorite homemade mixes. 

 

1.   Chicken & Rice soup mix-in-a-jar.   

    One of my most popular recipes is this chicken and rice soup mix.  I mix a bunch of these up to keep in my pantry but I also give them away as house-warming parties, Christmas time, and other holidays.  It is always well received and tastes delicious too.




2. Homemade Spanish Rice Mix  

    This mix makes into an easy and tasty recipe in a short amount of time.  The Spanish rice goes great with Tex-Mex meals such as beef enchiladas or chicken enchiladas or even tostados. Try it as a side dish to a beef or shrimp dish.  So flavorful and convenient!

 

 

3.  The Very best Sloppy Joe mix

     Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix is very easy to make.  More than likely, you have everything in your pantry right now to make this today.  I mean, why buy a store brand mix when you can make this yourself without all the preservatives and junk the store-brand kind have in them.

 


 

4.  Easy Homemade Chicken Gravy Mix. 

   This recipe is super inexpensive, healthier than store-bought, and tastes ten times better too!  You'll be able to whip up some homemade chicken gravy for your family in a mere few minutes! 

 

 

5.  Easy, Savory Herb Rice Mix

This savory herb rice was a huge hit with my family.  It goes great with chicken, pork, or any protein you desire. 


 


6.  Homemade Pancake Mix recipe.

Homemade pancakes are one of my favorite breakfasts.  If I could choose only 2 things to have for breakfast for the rest my life it would be homemade Pancakes, and Homemade Blueberry Biscuits.  Yum! 

 



 

7.  Homemade Spice Cake Mix.

   There is something so warm and inviting about a spice cake.  They smell so good and taste even better.   Anytime you want to enjoy a spice cake, you only need to add the wet ingredients and you will be ready to go!   

 


 

 

8.  Rainbow Soup Mix-in-a-jar.

   This Rainbow Soup mix is so easy to put together and turns out super pretty. It looks like something you would find at a craft market and it makes a really good and hearty bean soup!

 


9.   Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup.

  So many of my recipes call for cream of chicken soup and I am tired of running to the grocery store all the time to pick some up that I decided from now on, I am going to make my own.  It turns out it is really easy to make and stores well and tastes so much better than the canned stuff you can buy.  


 

10.  Potato Soup Mix-in-a-jar.

 Once mixed up, this potato soup has a smooth consistency that is not too thin nor too thick.  Some recipes for potato soup in a jar comes out looking and tasting like mashed potatoes but not this one.  This one tastes like it should:  a flavorful, aromatic, and delicious bowl of soup!   This recipe is family tested and they all approved of it.  I'm sure your family and friends will like it too.

 

   Which one of these were your favorite?  I'd love to hear what you think so leave a comment below.  

 

Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

 

 P.S.:  Happy birthday to my deceased Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...