This salad comes together very quickly and if you like salsa, you will flip for this corn and black bean salad recipe. People will literally beg for the recipe…it’s that good!
- 14-15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed off
- 8-10 oz. frozen corn, thawed or 2 c. canned corn, drained
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice of one lime
- ¼ c. onion, diced very small
- ½ c. black olives, drained and crushed or halved
- ½ c. balsamic vinaigrette or balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. Cotija cheese, crumbled (or Parmesan or Ricotta Salata)
- 2 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
In a large bowl, stir together the black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes and onion. Add in the balsamic and stir to coat. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Cover and place in your refrigerator for at least 2 hours-overnight.
Serves 8 with each serving having about 20 carbs.
This salad makes a wonderful side dish, or treat it as a dip and serve with tortilla chips. It also makes a great topping for tacos or use in a vegetarian burrito.
If you give this recipe a try, please take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @countrifiedhicks and use the hashtag #countrifiedhicks so I don't miss seeing your post! Also, please leave me a comment and let me know you were here! I love to hear from my readers.