Monday, November 15, 2021

Apple Pie in a Bowl

A few years ago, I came up with Pumpkin Pie in a Bowl for my husband.  He loves it and on chilly mornings or on days he has a lot of physical work to do, I often make it for him because it is very filling and tastes so good too.  It is nice and hearty and satisfies him until lunch time.  I wanted to fix him something a little different so I came up with this recipe.  



Apple Pie in a Bowl

1 c. milk

1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal

1/2 c. applesauce

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. cloves

 

  Get a saucepan on the stove and turn it onto low.  Pour in the milk and spices and stir and simmer the mixture until it is nice and hot.  Once it is real hot, stir in the oatmeal and applesauce.  Stir and heat on low for 3-4 minutes.  Remove and enjoy!

 


 

     Some other ideas for breakfast include:  my Extra Light and Fluffy Pancakes, Big Country Biscuits with Chocolate Gravy, Chocolate Chip Drop Biscuits, and my famous French Toast Casserole

 



Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...