Monday, August 30, 2021

Homemade Spanish Rice Mix

    I love making my own mixes, such as potato soup mix, chicken and rice soup mix, Rice-a-roni mix and others.  They are less expensive than the store bought varieties and when I make my own, I know what is in them.  I generally have everything on hand that I need to mix them up and the mixes taste so much better than the store bought ones too.

            This mix makes into an easy and tasty recipe in a short amount of time.  The Spanish rice goes great with Tex-Mex meals such as beef enchiladas or chicken enchiladas or even tostados. Try it as a side dish to a beef or shrimp dish.  So flavorful and convenient!


 

Mix all of the ingredients together in a Mason jar and store in your pantry until you are ready to use it.

When you are ready to make Spanish rice, you will need:

·        1 jar of Spanish Rice mix

·        2 c. chicken broth or chicken stock

·        2 T. butter

Brown the butter in a skillet then add in the mix and broth.  Cook and stir often until the rice is cooked through and the liquid has been absorbed (about 20 minutes). Top with some fresh cut chives and sour cream or just plain.  It is great either way. 

 


 

Serves 6.  Makes the same amount the box variety would. 20 carbs each.

 Goes great with my Homemade Indian Tacos!

  



Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...