Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Breast in the Crock-Pot

    With the holidays coming up, I thought I would tell you a simple way to cook a turkey breast in the crock-pot.  This is a great time of year to pick up turkey breasts for a great price and here is a quick and easy way to cook them.


easy way to cook a turkey, Honeysuckle White, how to cook turkey breast in a crock pot, slow cooker turkey breast

Turkey Breast in the Crock-Pot

Turkey breast
1 stick of butter
2 tsp. rosemary
2 tsp. sage
olive oil
2 cans chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 onion (yellow or white)
                      

             
how to cook turkey breast in a crock pot, slow cooker turkey breast, easy way to cook a turkey, Honeysuckle White,

   First, remove the neck, gizzards, and gravy packet from the turkey, if included.  Rinse your turkey breast inside and out.  Pat dry.  Rub olive oil all over the turkey breast.  Turn on your crock-pot to high.  Spray the inside of the crock-pot with cooking spray and then put the breast inside the crock pot with the breast side down.  
 
how to cook turkey breast in a crock pot, slow cooker turkey breast, easy way to cook a turkey, Honeysuckle White,
Place it breast side down. 

Pour in the cans of chicken broth.  Sprinkle the breast with all your spices.  Place the stick of butter in the cavity and then peel off a few layers of onions and place on and in the breast.  
 
how to cook turkey breast in a crock pot, slow cooker turkey breast, easy way to cook a turkey, Honeysuckle White,
Seasoned and ready to cook. 

Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours.  Remove, slice and enjoy!

easy way to cook a turkey, Honeysuckle White, how to cook turkey breast in a crock pot, slow cooker turkey breast

Serve this Turkey breast along side some homemade mashed potatoes, chicken and noodles, with some 30 minute whole wheat rolls!  YUM!
 

Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
 

25 comments:

  1. I had no idea you could do this! I love a good crock pot recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there is too much you can't do in a crockpot. We lover our crockpot and have used it countless times for many great meals. I must say this is the first time I've seen a Turkey go in. Thanks for sharing this. Mr.CBB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. CBB, Yes, I love cooking in the crock-pot also. I cook in ours at least 3 times a week.
      Thanks for stopping by,
      Melody

      Delete
    2. Would like an idea of how big a turkey breast to buy for this. Afraid the lid might go on it !

      Delete
  3. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing at The Gathering Spot this week. I shared this on my Facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, thank you so much for letting me link up and a special thanks for sharing this on FB for me! Hugs!!!!

      Delete
  4. I do a chicken in the crock pot, I don't know why I never thought of doing a turkey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, I think the same thing all the time when I am scanning Pinterest or other blogs. Why didn't I think of it? :-)

      Delete
  5. Very interesting, I'm going to try this. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!



    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so good. BTW, my husband would add in lemon and orange. So yum!

    Hopping by and following your lovely blog's twitter, FB, G+ and Pinterest. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

    I am also inviting you to join Tiddle Diddle Handmade Shoppe's first giveaway event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am heading to your blog now. I appreciate you!

      Delete
  7. Kathy, it was my pleasure! I will see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to try this! Thanks for sharing your post on the HomeAcre Hop, hope to see you again tomorrow! - Nancy The Home Acre Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best turkey breast ever!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Bonnie and so glad you liked it and found something useful here on my blog.

      Delete
  10. Did this last Thanksgiving and am preparing to do it again for Easter. SO delicious! Thank you for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Jenni and glad to know it turned out good for you.

      Delete
  11. What a good idea with the Turkey Breast in a Crock Pot, especially if you have a small family and just don't need a big turkey.


    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a pleasure to participate in your share days.

      Delete
  12. Do you thaw the turkey breast or keep it frozen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it either way. If it is frozen, it will take a few more hours to cook is all.

      Delete
  13. Hi, Marilyn. It really depends on the size of your crockpot. I generally just eye ball it. Sorry but next time I make one, I'll update this post and say exactly what size of breast I bought and the size of crockpot I use. Sorry for not doing it the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Does the breast brown nicely in the Crockpot?

    ReplyDelete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...