Friday, November 26, 2021

Homemade Creamy Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Frosting Recipe

    


    This is the best frosting I have EVER made!  It is not overly sweet and has a great consistency that is soft & smooth.  This makes a truly luscious frosting with just the right amount of chocolate to it.  It is so easy to make and takes just about 10 minutes to make.  I NEVER buy frosting anymore because this one is just too good to not make and use.

 


 

Ingredients:

  • 2 2/3 c. powdered sugar
  • 2/3 c. cocoa
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • 1/3 c. butter 
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

    Put your butter into a small saucepan on your stove and gently melt it down over low heat.  When it is melted, stir in your cocoa.  Once the mixture begins to thicken, remove the saucepan from the stove and pour the contents into a medium sized bowl.

    Stir in the milk, vanilla and powdered sugar.  Stir well and then it is ready to use.  Great on cakes and on cupcakes.  
 
 
    My husband and boys even like to make chocolate frosting sandwiches with it.  

    The frosting is enough to frost a 9"x13" cake.  If you are making a layer cake, just double the recipe. Be sure to check out my cream cheese frosting recipe too. 




    I like to use this frosting on my Wacky Cake, my White Sheet cakes and even with my Homemade Chocolate Cake Mix.





Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...