Friday, January 21, 2022

The Secret to Perfect Ham Fried Rice

            

     I absolutely love Chicken Fried Rice but I did not know what I was missing until I made this Ham Fried Rice.  Man, oh man, is it ever delicious!  I had never thought about making fried rice with anything but chicken until I had some left over ham and decided to try it.  It is super easy to make and uses not only leftover ham but also uses leftover rice.  This make the ideal meal for anytime you are craving an Asian dish

3 c. long grain white rice, cooked

2 c. ham, chopped

2 c. frozen peas & carrots, thawed

3 eggs, lightly beaten

1 sm. onion, chopped (I use a yellow onion)

3 T.-1/4 c. soy sauce (depending on personal tastes)

2 T. sesame oil (any oil can be used, I have even used olive oil)

1/8 tsp. ginger

 

    The true secret to a good ham fried rice is to use leftover rice.  The best rice is some that is 1-2 days old.  With it being "older" it allows the rice to soak up all the flavors and it just makes it better.

 



     Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.  Pour the oil into the skillet and then add in the ham, peas & carrots, and the onion.  Fry until the vegetables are tender.  Once they are tender, move them over to one side and pour in the eggs and scramble the eggs until they are done.  Now stir the eggs and vegetables together.  Add in the rice and stir in the soy sauce and ginger.  Cook until the rice is nice and hot and then serve and enjoy.

    Serves 8 with each serving containing about 50 carbs. 

    Other dishes that I like to make using ham include: Pineapple Glazed Ham, Ham Sliders, and in Ham & Beans.  Which dish of mine using ham is your favorite?  Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know.  





 

Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...