Friday, January 14, 2022

Easy Pico de Gallo recipe


            Pico de Gallo is a very popular type of salsa/relish that is used in Mexican cuisine.    It is made with fresh tomatoes, onions, and jalapeños.   It is so very tasty and I love that it is so versatile to liven up so many dishes. 

 

  • 3 c. tomatoes, chopped (about 3 lg. tomatoes or 10-12 Roma tomatoes)
  • ½ c. onion, finely chopped (I use a yellow onion)
  • 2-3 T. jalapeños, finely chopped (1-2 jalapeños)
  • ½ tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp. each of salt and pepper
  • ½ c. fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
  • Juice from 1 lime

 Many people use a red/purple onions but I am allergic to them so I always use a white or yellow onion.  Also many people add cilantro but I don’t care for cilantro so I leave it out. 

To prepare, mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Stir.  Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to use. 


 Serves 4 and each serving has about 5 carbs.

            More Mexican-inspired recipes that would pair well with this Pico de Gallo recipe include: Homemade Tostados, Chicken enchiladas, Beef enchiladas, or my Super Easy Chicken Quesadillas

 


 


 
 
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...