Thursday, January 20, 2022

Delicious Breakfast Recipes to Start off Your Day


Good morning! Breakfast is considered to be the most important meal of the day and our family loves breakfast so much that we love having breakfast for supper quite often.  If you love breakfast as much as we do, why not have some breakfast recipes that are extra delicious?  Here are 12 of the best breakfast recipes here on my blog. 

1.  Glazed Blueberry Biscuits.

These Blueberry Biscuits are amazing.  They are not too sweet and they rise up beautifully.  Not only do they taste fabulous but they are so pretty to look at too.  

 


2. Homemade Glazed Cinnamon Apple Fritter Recipe.

   These apple fritters fry up perfectly.  Warm, sweet and just the right amount of cinnamon!  The batter turns out perfectly so you can make nice and fluffy fritters similar to a dumpling or you can also make them nice and flat...your choice. 


 

3. The Best Homemade Sausage Gravy Recipe.

    Homemade sausage gravy is a true Southern classic breakfast dish and one of my all-time favorite foods. My son Ronny and I could eat it every single day and never grow tired of it.  My sausage gravy recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious so there is no reason for it not to go into your weekly rotation. 


 

4.  Glazed Chocolate Chip Biscuits

     These chocolate chip biscuits are tender, light, and full of chocolate chips and topped with a sweet glaze.  Southern biscuits just don't get any more delicious!  The chocolate chips in these biscuits give them the perfect touch of sweetness.  The glaze on top adds even more sweetness and you could drizzle on a little or a lot depending on how sweet you want your biscuit.  


 

5. Extra Light & Fluffy Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes. 

     I LOVE Pancakes.  My youngest son Ronny and I both do; whereas Bub prefers Waffles.  Besides loving the taste of pancakes, I like that they can be made with common ingredients that I can always find in my pantry so they can be whipped up anytime!

 

6.  Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake.

      This is a family favorite for sure.  My oldest teenage son could not get enough of this and my hubby said he could eat this every day.  For those of you whose first thought is pumpkin and chocolate together does not sound appealing, give it a shot.  You'd be amazed how well these two flavors compliment one another.

 


7. French Toast Casserole. 

   One of my hubby's all time breakfast favorites is my French Toast Casserole.  He absolutely loves it.  It is simple to make and really tastes great.  

 


 

8.  Chocolate Chip Drop Biscuits

   We do a lot of freezer cooking at our house and one thing we make EVERY week is Chocolate Chip Drop Biscuits.  Our family loves them for breakfast and hope your family will too.
 
 
   I don't know about you but Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day.  It is right up there with Lunch and Supper.  ;-)  Today, I am going to teach ya how to make waffles.   These are not the frozen kind out of a box.  These are the homestyle ones that make ya smile from just their aroma.
 

 
 
       If you are from the South, more than likely, you know EXACTLY what chocolate gravy is and have found memories of your mama or your grandma making this for you as a child.  If you're not from the South, you may be wondering what it is.  Well, it's exactly what it sounds like...chocolate in gravy form.  You use it like you would sausage gravy or pepper gravy.  
 

 
 
    This is my recipe for homemade doughnuts.  These doughnuts are light and super delicious.  
 

 
 
    I love bread pudding.  It is one of those "old time" recipes that your grandma used to make.  It is simple and delicious but many of today's younger generation have never even heard of it.  I want my kids to experience and enjoy the simple things too so I keep these recipes alive and I hope you will too.
 

 
    Which one of these recipes was your favorite?  Be sure to let me know in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
 
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...