Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Homemade Whipped Cream Topping from Scratch Recipe

           


     Years ago, my husband wanted some whipped cream, such as Cool-Whip or Reddi-whip, for a pumpkin pie I made him.  I told him that my pie is good enough to stand on its own without needing whipped cream.  I still stand by that notion but I did whip up a batch of whipped cream for him anyway.  He swears he had never tasted such good tasting whipped cream before in his life.  

 


 

             Making whipped cream from scratch is the best way to go.  It turns out so creamy, rich and delicious and is easy to make too.  It is the most amazing thing you will ever taste! 

 

  • 1 c. heavy whipping cream
  • 2 T. sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Your heavy whipping cream should be extremely cold to begin with.  I sometimes put mine into the freezer for 15 minutes before making this whipped topping.  Once it is super cold, place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.  Turn on your stand mixer and whisk until the cream reaches stiff peaks. 

 


 Once it has reached this stage, it is ready to use on your favorite pie, ice cream, a cake or even on a cup of hot chocolate or a cup of coffee


 

            Use right away or it can be stored in an air-tight container in your refrigerator up to 3 days.  If you don’t use it immediately, I recommend whisking it for 30 seconds right before you use it.

       

Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...