Sunday, December 12, 2021

Root Beer Float Fudge

   

     When I think of a root beer float, it takes me back to when I was a kid and my Dad taking all of us to the drive-in restaurant and order us all a root beer float in the signature mug.  In dedication to that memory, I have come up with a root beer float fudge recipe that my kids love so much.  This fudge is creamy, sweet and has the perfect amount of root beer.  If you love root beer, you’ll love this recipe!

 


  • 3 c. sugar
  • ¾ c. butter, divided (I used unsalted butter)
  • 1 (11 oz.) pkg. white chip baking morsels
  • 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow cream
  • 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
  • 2 tsp. root beer concentrate
  • ½ tsp. vanilla extract

 

Line a 9”x13” cake pan with parchment paper. 

 In a large pot, combine the sugar, milk, and butter together and heat over medium heat until the mixture boils rapidly.  Be sure to stir the entire time.  Cook and stir for about 4 minutes.  This should allow the temperature to reach about 235 degrees.  I don’t use a candy thermometer to make this but you can.  I just know that if you cook it for the 4 minutes, it turns out right each time.

 Remove from the heat and stir in the baking morsels and marshmallow cream until they are completely melted.  Pour 1/3 of the mixture into a small bowl and stir in the vanilla.

 With the 2/3 mixture that remains, stir in the root beer concentrate.  Pour the root beer flavored mixture into the cake pan.  Then slowly pour the vanilla flavored mixture over the top and smooth it out.  Place into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until the fudge is firm. 

 Lift the fudge out of the pan by gently pulling it out of the pan by holding onto the parchment paper.  Once removed, cut into 1” squares. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

 


 
Makes 3 lbs. or about 100 one inch pieces.

 Be sure to check out some other great recipes such as my soft serve chocolate ice cream recipe, my chocolate cobbler recipe and my hot fudge cake recipe





Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...