Monday, December 20, 2021

Delicious Greek Spice Blend

 


    This Greek Spice Blend is the best way (and easiest way) to add a Mediterranean flavor to any cut of meat such as a steak, chicken, or pork and to add flavor to vegetables.  You can use it in a pita sandwich or a gyro and you can add it to a marinade or sauce.   It truly is an all-purpose blend of Mediterranean herbs and spices that is simply delicious.

 

  • 1 T. garlic powder
  • 1 T. onion powder
  • 1 T. dried parsley
  • 2 tsp. dried oregano
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. dried thyme
  • ½ tsp. nutmeg
  • ½ tsp. cinnamon

Combine all the ingredients together and store in a baggie in your pantry.   This mix can be stored for up to 2 months.

I love using this to sprinkle on some chicken and I sometimes just sprinkle it into one of my homemade dressings to give it a little more zip.  When I do use this seasoning blend, I squirt a bit of lemon juice onto the chicken, vegetable or whatever I have used the blend on to really enhance the flavors.

     I make several other spice blends that you should check out including:  Taco Seasoning, Fajita Seasoning Blend, and Cajun seasoning.

 


Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...