Thursday, December 2, 2021

Copycat Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix

         


    I love cornbread and make it from scratch quite often.  It is so good.  Sometimes I am in a bit of a hurry and want to take a shortcut and making up this mix was my solution.  This mix is the perfect substitute for any recipe that calls for a box of Jiffy Mix. It can be used to make cornbread, muffins, or even in casseroles. 


  •  2/3 c. all-purpose flour
  • ½-2/3 c. cornmeal
  • 3 T. sugar
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • ¼ tsp. salt

Place all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together.  Add in the oil and mix until it is lump-free and relatively smooth.  Store in an airtight container such as a mason jar until ready to use. Can be stored from 4-6 months. 

 


To make cornbread: 

      Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Combine the cornbread mix with one egg, 2 tablespoons of oil and 1/3 cup of milk.  Mix until smooth.  Pour into a greased 8”x8” square cake pan or a cast iron skillet.  Bake for 21-23 minutes or until golden brown.

 


To make corn muffins:

      Follow the directions for cornbread but instead of putting the batter into a cake pan, pour the batter into greased muffin tins.  Fill each place 2/3 full and bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.  Will make 6 corn muffins.

 


    Make 1 ½ cups of mix that equals to an 8.5 oz. box of Jiffy Mix.  Use in any recipe that calls for Jiffy Mix.  I use it my recipes such as in my Creamy Corn Casserole

 


 

     Other great mixes that I make include my: Savory Herb Rice Mix, my Spanish Rice Mix, and my Potato Soup Mix in a Jar



 

Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...