Saturday, December 18, 2021

Easy Vintage Butterscotch Haystacks

 


    I remember my mother making these for my brothers, sisters, and I when I was young.  That was over 40 years ago and today I make them for my own children.  They are great all year long but it is something I make sure we have every year around the Christmas holiday.  Very simple to make with just a few ingredients that you can whip together in a matter of minutes.

·        

·        2 c. butterscotch chips, melted

·        ½ c. creamy peanut butter

·        ½ c. or 6 oz. salted peanuts

·        1 can (6-8 oz.) chow Mein noodles

·        ½ c. or 6 oz. salted peanuts

 

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave together the butterscotch chips and the peanut butter on 50% power for 3 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds.  Cook until they are completely melted.  Be careful to not overcook them or they will scorch if cooked too long.

Once they are melted, stir in the chow Mein noodles and the peanuts.  

 


 Gently stir so everything is completely coated and then drop by spoonfuls onto the lined baking sheet.   

 


They are ready to eat after they have firmed up which can take a few hours or speed up the process by placing the baking sheet into the refrigerator, where they will be ready in 20-30 minutes.

 


 Some of the other candy that I make includes:  Old fashioned potato candy, root beer float fudge and homemade Reeses

 



 


Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...