Monday, March 7, 2022

A Classic Cobb Salad Recipe


    In my opinion, you cannot go wrong with a classic Cobb salad…it just can’t be beat.  A Cobb salad is nice, fresh and hearty enough to be a meal in itself and I love serving it with some of my homemade ranch dressing or my homemade Caesar salad dressing.  

            A Cobb salad gets its name from Ty Cobb’s cousin who owned the Brown Derby back in the late 1920’s.  A Cobb salad differs from a chef salad in that a Cobb salad has added bacon and tomatoes, whereas a chef salad does not.  A Cobb salad usually has avocados added also but since my family is not a big fan of avocados, I do not include it in this salad.

  • 2 heads leaf lettuce, rinsed and chopped (I use Romaine or Iceberg)
  • 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed or chopped
  • 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
  • 6 slices of crispy, chopped bacon
  • 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 4 oz. Bleu cheese, Gorgonzola cheese or Roquefort cheese crumbles
  • 2 T. flat leaf parsley
  • 2 T. finely chopped chives
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

Place the lettuce in a bowl.  Arrange the other ingredients attractively across the greens. When ready to serve, add the dressing and toss the salad. 

Try my other salad recipes such as: my Easy Italian Salad, the Ultimate Classic Wedge Salad recipe and last, but not least, my recipe for Southern Turnip Green Salad.  

 




Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...