This easy Italian salad includes all your favorite Italian flavors that are piled high on top of fresh greens. It is the perfect addition to any family Italian dinner. I love serving some Italian flat bread, garlic bread or some delicious cheesebread.
- 1 head of lettuce (I like to use Romaine lettuce but any leaf lettuce will work)
- 1 ½ c. shredded or grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 c. Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1 c. pepperonis
- 1 c. sliced salami
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 med. tomatoes chopped (or 2 c. of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1 med. cucumber, sliced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- prosciutto (optional)
- croutons (optional)
- feta cheese (optional)
- thinly sliced radishes (optional)
Chop and rinse your lettuce. Place the lettuce in a large salad bowl and add in all the other ingredients to the bowl (except for the cheeses). Toss with some homemade Italian dressing and then top with your different kinds of cheese. Serve and enjoy.
This Italian salad pairs perfectly with homemade pizza, soup (such as my Chicken Parmesan soup), or pasta (such as pasta with my Italian Bolognese Sauce).