Friday, March 4, 2022

Homemade Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

     


    My boys love granola bars.  They have one almost every day as a snack or eat one after dinner for their dessert. I had been buying them for awhile and it finally clicked to me, why not make them myself?  I started doing just that and my boys love them.  

    Besides tasting good, I decide what I want to put in them so there are not any added things that I do not want them to have.  Homemade is always better (and generally healthier too)!

    These homemade chewy chocolate chip granola bars are sweet and hearty, and so much better than store-bought.  Plus they're a cinch to make!

  •  2 c. oats
  • 1 c. peanut butter
  • 1 c. crushed pretzels
  • 1 c. crispy rice cereal
  • 1/2 c. honey
  • 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
  • 1/2 c. peanuts
  • 2 T. brown sugar, packed
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp.  salt

    In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, honey and vanilla.  Mix in the salt and brown sugar.  Add in the oats and pretzels.  Mix well.  Gently stir in the rice cereal, chocolate chips and peanuts.

    Line a square cake pan (8"x8") with parchment paper.  Spoon in the granola mixture.  With clean, wet fingertips, press the granola down and push it out to the edges and corners.  Place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes to allow the granola to set up.

    Remove the pan from the freezer and lift out the granola using the edges of the parchment paper  Cut into equal pieces.  I cut mine to resemble a granola bar shape but they can be cut into squares if you prefer.  Keep refrigerated.

 


     Some other great snacks your family might love include:  Chocolate Chip Drop Biscuits, Apple Pie in a Bowl (great for breakfast), and Blackberry Muffins






Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...