Saturday, March 19, 2022

Super Easy White Wacky Cake with No Eggs, Butter or Milk Needed


    My husband absolutely loves my Chocolate Wacky Cake but I prefer white cakes so I wanted to create a White Wacky Cake and this is the recipe that I came up with.  I have tried the Vanilla Wacky Cake recipe that is floating around the internet but it tasted too gummy for me so I wanted to create with that is not gummy but is fluffy, soft and delicious.   This cake recipe is the answer. 

 



·        3 ¼ c. self-rising flour

·        1 ¾ c. water

·        1 1/3 c. sugar

·        ½ c. + 1 T. canola or olive oil

   

If you do not have self-rising flour, you can use all-purpose flour but will need to adjust this recipe.  If using all-purpose flour, combine 4 cups all-purpose flour with 2 tablespoon of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt.  Stir well and then use 3 1/4 cups of it in this recipe to replace the self-rising flour.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9”x13” cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together your flour and sugar.  Using your whisk, sift the mixture by moving your whisk back and forth rapidly until it becomes powdery and light.  At this point there should be no lumps.  Pour in the oil and half of the water.  Whisk again and then add in the rest of the water and whisk until the batter is smooth.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-37 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Note that the top of the cake will not get very brown and will remain light in color. 

Check out my recipe for an Banana Wacky Cake and an Apple Wacky Cake too.

 

 


 

Allow the cake to cool and then frost the cake.  I love to use either my delicious Cream Cheese Frosting recipe or my Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Frosting.  

 

 


 
    For the chocolate version of this cake, check out my Chocolate Wacky Cake recipe.

 


Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...