This old fashioned pea salad is so delicious and creamy. It is easy to throw together and is almost addictive in taste. It’s perfect for a side dish, potlucks, or family BBQ’s.
· 2 pkgs. (16 oz. each) frozen peas
· 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
· 1 c. diced cheddar cheese
· ½ c. mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
· ½ c. sour cream
· 2 T. finely chopped green onion
· 2 T. chopped parsley (optional)
· 1 T. white distilled vinegar
· Salt & pepper, to taste
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and vinegar together. Add in some salt & pepper and then stir in the peas. Be sure the peas are well coated. Gently stir in the bacon, cheese, green onion and parsley. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
One cup has about 18 carbs.