Monday, April 25, 2022

Homemade Baking Powder


    As you might already know, I live out in the country and it isn't very convenient to have to run to town if I am out of an ingredient,  I have learned to substitute ingredients when I need to or mix up my own things too.  One thing I often mix up and keep on hand is "homemade" baking powder.  If you don't have any baking powder on hand, you can easily "make" some and here is how to do it.
 

  • 1/4 c. cream of tartar
  • 2 T. baking soda
  • 1 T. corn starch

    Combine the ingredients and mix well and now you have baking powder.  
 
 
    Use it as you would baking powder.  I do this all the time and my pancakes, biscuits, and breads all come out perfectly.




Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...