Friday, April 29, 2022

The Best Homemade Tartar Sauce Recipe

    This recipe is super easy to make in just a few minutes time.  It turns out creamy and very flavorful; so much so that you’ll never want to buy the jarred stuff again.

  • 1 c. mayonnaise 
  • ¼ c. finely chopped dill pickle
  • 2 T. lemon juice
  • 2 tsp. dill weed finely chopped
  • ¼ tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. spicy brown mustard (optional, but highly recommend using it)

 


Other optional ingredients include capers, diced onions, hot sauce or a bit of Worcestershire sauce.  I prefer it the basic way with only the addition of the spicy brown mustard but adjust and add to your personal tastes.

In a medium sized bowl, combine all the ingredients, stir well and then chill for at least 30 minutes to an hour.  Tartar sauce gets better and better over time.  It can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.  

Serving: 2 T. has about 1 carb.

Tartar sauce is just not for fish.  Serve it with shrimp, hamburgers, naan bread, French fries, or a dip for veggies.

 





  If you give this recipe a try, please take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @countrifiedhicks and use the hashtag #countrifiedhicks so I don't miss seeing your post!

 

Follow me on Youtube
Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...