Tuesday, January 21, 2020

The Best Italian Dressing Mix

     I love making up homemade seasoning mixes.  They take only a few minutes to whip up and taste so much better than store bought.  On top of that, I control what goes into them and that is important to me and my family.
 
 



    This seasoning mix can replace one envelope of purchased Italian seasoning mix or just sprinkle it over fish, pork, chicken, vegetables, pasta or over a garden salad.  There are so many ways to use it.  I personally love using it in my Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken.  I love the flavor that it adds to all my dishes!


The Best Italian Dressing Mix

2 T. oregano 
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. onion powder
1 T. parsley
1 T. basil
 1 T. rosemary
1 T. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. thyme 
1/4 tsp. celery salt
 
    Combine all the ingredients together and store in a baggie or mason jar until ready to use.  Two tablespoons of the dry mix equals one envelope of store bought mix.
 
Quick homemade Italian dressing mix, Italian dressing mix, easy homemade Italian dressing recipe, Italian seasoning mix recipe, Italian seasoning dry mix, easy Italian dressing



   If you want to make this into a salad dressing, you whisk together 2 tablespoons of the mix with a 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 2/3 cup of olive or canola oil, and 2 tablespoons of water.  And I like to add in a tablespoon or two of Parmesan cheese.  Shake well and enjoy!  





    Other dressings that I make from scratch include:  Catalina dressing, Ranch Dressing, Homemade French Dressing and Oil and Vinegar Dressing.
 
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...