Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Easy Grated Carrot Salad Recipe with Raisins

    This carrot salad recipe is a family favorite that is quick and easy to make and adds a nice touch of color, crunch, and acid to any meal.  

 


 

·        1 lb. carrots, peeled and grated

·        ½  c. raisins (can use golden raisins or dried cranberries if desired)

·        ¼ c. orange juice

·        ¼ c. olive oil or canola oil

·        ¼ c. cheese of your choice, optional

·        1 T. dried parsley

·        ½ tsp. oregano

·        ½ tsp. cumin

·        ¼ tsp. salt

·        ¼ tsp. pepper

 

Place all the ingredients together in a large salad (or serving) bowl.  Toss to coat the ingredients.  Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.  It actually tastes better if you refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours to give the flavors a chance to develop. 

Serves 6-8.

     Be sure to try my other great salad recipes including: Classic Pea Salad, Colorful Mexican Street Corn Salad, Classic Grape Salad, and my Creamy Cauliflower Salad

 



      If you give this recipe a try, please take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @countrifiedhicks and use the hashtag #countrifiedhicks so I don't miss seeing your post! Also, please leave me a comment and let me know you were here!  I love to hear from my readers.

Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...