Thursday, May 26, 2022

Layered Patchwork Soup Mix in a Jar



    I love mix-in-a-jar recipes.  I have many different kinds that I make and try to keep about 10 of each kind in my pantry so if I’m ever lost for ideas for supper, I can just pull one out and feed my family.  They also make remarkably appreciated gifts. 

  •  ½ c. barley
  • ½ c. split peas
  • ½ c. lentils
  • ½ c. rice
  • 1 T. parsley
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp. sage

 

In a wide mouth pint jar layer the barley, split peas, rice, and lentils.

In a small plastic bag combine the parsley, garlic powder, pepper, salt, Italian seasoning, and sage.

Attach seasoning packet with ribbon to jar.

Attach a recipe card with the following direction:

1.             1. Empty jar contents into a colander and rinse.  2. Place contents in a large stockpot and cover with 10 cups water.  3. Stir in 1 chopped medium onion, and the seasoning packet.  4. Bring to a boil.  Lower heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.  Check after 30 minutes and add additional water if necessary.

 

            Other Mix-in-a-Jar recipes of mine that are hugely popular include: Rainbow Soup Mix in a Jar, Potato Soup Mix in a Jar, and Chicken and Rice Soup Mix in  Jar.  

 

 


            If you give this recipe a try, please take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @countrifiedhicks and use the hashtag #countrifiedhicks so I don't miss seeing your post! Also, please leave me a comment and let me know you were here!  I love to hear from my readers.

 

Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...