Saturday, May 21, 2022

Cast Iron Skillet Southern Fried Potatoes

   


     Southern fried potatoes are my family’s favorite side dish.  I have loved it ever since I was a little girl.  They are easy to make and taste so darned delicious.  Golden fried yummy goodness that goes with about anything. 

 


 

Place the oil, butter and Italian seasoning into a well seasoned 10”-12” cast iron skillet.  Turn the heat onto medium-high and allow the butter to melt.  Once the butter is melted, add in the potatoes and onions into a single layer.  Allow the potatoes to cook for about 10 minutes with a lid.  If you do not have a lid, it is okay.  I just think they cook better and taste better if you cover them while they cook.  Do not stir the potatoes.  Just let them be.  Remove the lid, flip the potatoes and cook them a bit longer, this time without the lid. Once they are golden brown, use a spatula to remove the potatoes and place them on a paper towel lined plate.  Season them right away with the salt and pepper. 

 


     Serve these Southern fried potatoes with other Southern country dishes such as: Brisket, Chicken Fried Chicken, or with Fall-off-the-bone ribs

 


      If you give this recipe a try, please take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @countrifiedhicks and use the hashtag #countrifiedhicks so I don't miss seeing your post! Also, please leave me a comment and let me know you were here!  I love to hear from my readers. 

Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...