Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Homemade Au Jus Mix

    Our family loves Au Jus but it is not always easy to make when I'm in a time crunch.  I decided to come up with a homemade mix that would be similar (but superior) to the store-bought envelopes of the mix.  This turned out even better than I dreamed.  There is so much flavor that comes from the mix and you can have the homemade taste in a matter of minutes!
 




      Homemade mixes are so good and so inexpensive to make.  I have been making up so many lately because I prefer feeding my family good quality meals with real ingredients and let's be honest...I also like to save money.  Recently I have made taco seasoning, a "Bisquick" style mix and a chili seasoning mix, to name a few!


Homemade Au Jus Mix

 4 T. beef bouillon granules
4 T. cornstarch
1 T. plus 1 tsp. dehydrated onion
2 tsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder


Au Jus recipe, how to make your own au jus, what is au jus, beef au jus recipe,


     Place all of the above ingredients in a blender.  Process until the mixture is a nice powder.  Store the mix in a small container with a lid or a small canning jar.

Au Jus recipe, how to make your own au jus, what is au jus, beef au jus recipe,
My Au Jus mix




     To prepare the au jus, mix 3 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mix with 2 cups of water and heat in a saucepan over medium heat for about 15 minutes.  By then, the au jus should be heated and slightly thickened.  Serve and enjoy!  

    
Au Jus recipe, how to make your own au jus, what is au jus, beef au jus recipe,
The prepared Au Jus.
 


     The 3 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 tsp. equals one of the envelope packs you can buy at the store.

     Leftover au jus will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.


Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram


I shared this recipe with the following blogs and link parties:
Raising Homemakers

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...