Monday, October 12, 2020

Homemade Pineapple Bread

    I love making fruit breads.  Not only do I make the "normal" ones like banana bread and pumpkin bread, but I also make a wonderful strawberry bread, blueberry bread, and a peach bread too!  Today I am sharing my pineapple bread recipe.  It turns out so moist and delicious.  It does not have an over-the-top pineapple flavor...just the perfect amount!

 

 

Homemade Pineapple Bread

2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
20 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained (but save the juice)
2 lg. eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
 
For the glaze:
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
3 T. reserved pineapple juice
 
    Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Oil or butter a large loaf pan and set aside.
 
    In a small bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.  In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.  Mix in the sugar mixture and mix well. Open up the crushed pineapple.
 

   
Stir in the drained crushed pineapple.  Pour the batter into the bread pan.
 

    
Place in the oven and bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.  
 

    Allow the bread to cool for at least 20 minutes.  As it cools, prepare the glaze by mixing the powdered sugar and juice together.  When the cake has cooled, pour the glaze over the top.
 
     
    Leave the glaze like it looks above or spread the glaze out evenly over the top.  
 

    Serves 12 and each serving has 50 carbs.  
 
Follow me on Youtube
Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely delicious! Unfortunately here pineapple is very expensive AND i'm allergic to pineapple (I do miss it though), but i like making other kinds of fruit breads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you are allergic. Really stinks. Please be sure to check out my other fruit bread recipes and thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...