Saturday, October 24, 2020

7 Soup Recipes to Keep You Warm on Chilly Days and Nights

    There is nothing that warms the body and soul as much as soup does.  Not only that, but soup is also healthy and delicious. Serve soup with some yummy cast iron skillet cornbread or crusty homemade bread for a perfect meal!

    We enjoy soup all year long but when the weather turns chilly, we eat soup at least a few times a week. I am so excited to present this list of soups here today.  Find you a favorite (or two) and make a pot of soup for your family tonight!  

1. The Ultimate Potato Soup Recipe!  My all time favorite soup is potato soup.  It was my favorite as a little girl and now that I am in my early 50's, potato soup is still my favorite.  This is a recipe that I have perfected over the past 25+ years.  Try it and see why!


2.  A No-Soak 15 Bean Soup Recipe. If you are looking for a really hearty and filling soup recipe, this one is a perfect choice.  Your house will smell wonderful as it cooks and will make your mouth water all day long.  


3.  Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup.  If I had to choose a 2nd favorite soup, this would be it.  We serve this once a month all year long.  It is a thick and hearty soup that just makes one smile with each bite!

 


4.  Homemade Tomato Soup.  This is a classic tomato soup recipe that pairs perfectly with a grilled cheese sandwich or with a pimento cheese sandwich.  Yum!  


 

5.  Cauliflower Soup.  Cauliflower is all the rage right now but I've been loving cauliflower for years and this creamy, rich soup is one of the reasons why.  Whether you are on a cauliflower kick or not, this recipe is sure to please. 

6.  Smoke Sausage & Radiatore Soup.  This soup is my oldest son's favorite soup.  He is 22 and often will pull out my recipe and make it on his own to enjoy.  It's a tomato based soup with smoke sausage and pasta.  What is there not to love?!?


7.  Creamy Chicken Taco Soup.  This is a really quick soup to mix up and has an amazing taste. Great to eat with a few tortilla chips.



    Hope you found at least a few recipes to try out and when you do, please come back here and comment how you liked it.


Follow me on Youtube
Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...