Monday, April 23, 2012

Homemade Meat Loaf Recipe

  
      Many people have been requesting my recipe for my meatloaf so by popular demand, here it is!  
 
 

    Melody's MMM Good Meatloaf
 
 2 lbs. hamburger meat
1 1/2 c. instant oats
1/2 c. ketchup
2 eggs
6 oz. can tomato paste
 1 1/2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
 
                               
    Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  
 

     Put all the ingredients into a bowl and "smush" them all together with your hands.  I know it is messy and feels gross but it is the only way to get it mixed together well enough.  Once it is mixed together thoroughly, divide the meat mixture into 2 equal parts.  Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.  Place one half of the meat  mixture into each loaf pan and pat down. 

     Place one into your preheated oven for 1 hour.  Double wrap the other loaf in foil and then date it and place it in your freezer.  Frozen, it is good for 3 months.  Just pull it out next time you are pressed for time or need something for potluck.  
 

 

homemade meatloaf, meat loaf, meatloaf recipe, frugal living, cooking
Wrapped in foil, ready for the freezer.

      Prepare the glaze for the top of the meatloaf by mixing together 1/2 c. ketchup, 1 T. brown sugar, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, and 1 T. BBQ sauce (we use Honey BBQ sauce) all together in a small bowl.  Ten minutes before meatloaf is done, pour glaze over top of meatloaf and let it finish cooking. 

     This is a VERY moist meatloaf.  If you like a drier meatloaf, just add an additional 1/2 c. of oats and just leave out the tomato paste.

      A great side dish for the meatloaf is my Blue Ribbon Baked Beans and seasoned red potatoes or real mashed potatoes.



 
 
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
 
 



5 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog today and thought I would say hi! You have a great little place here and I look forward to following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my wife make this tonight for supper and it was delicious. I think the other one won't last in the freezer very long cuz I want it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. If you have any requests or suggestions, I would love to hear them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! I have been looking for a meatloaf recipe. I look forward to trying it! :-) Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." Many blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...