Saturday, November 18, 2017

Honey Bun Cake

     This is a super easy cake to make and when it is done, it tastes like a giant honey bun.  It is super moist and swirled with cinnamon and sugar.  Everyone who has tasted it tells me how much they love it.  It never fails to please. 
 




     For the cake: 
    
  For the icing:

Honey bun cake, good cake recipe, honey bun cake recipe,


    Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.  Spray a 9"x13" cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.

     Mix together the cake mix, sour cream and oil.  Set aside.  In another bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.  Stir well and set aside.

     Pour half the cake batter into the cake pan.  Take half of the brown mixture and cover the batter with it.  Pour in the rest of the cake batter and sprinkle on the rest of the brown sugar mixture.  Use a butter knife to swirl the batter around.  Bake for 47 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.  

      As the cake bakes, prepare the icing by mixing all the ingredients together.  As soon as the cake is removed from the oven, pour the icing on top.  
 



    If you liked this cake, be sure to try out some of my other great and easy-to-make desserts such as: Cherry Dump Cake; Crock-Pot Apple Dump Cake or my fabulous Pumpkin Dump Cake!


Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

4 comments:

  1. Great info. Lucky me I discovered your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
    I've book-marked it for later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you stumbled across my blog and hope you will return. Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. Made this for this morning (for Thanksgiving). So good! The kids loved it. Didn't have any sour cream, just had buttermilk (from buttermilk powder) on hand. Still turned out way too addictive!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for letting me know. I am so glad. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

      Delete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...