Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake


       This is the ultimate summer dessert.  Our family loves dessert but I hate turning on my oven during the hot summer months so why not make a dump cake in your crock pot?  That is what I decided to do and it turns out wonderfully and it only takes 3 ingredients, including some of my homemade and canned apple pie filling!!!
 

 
        My hubby says this reminds him of a cobbler but since the cake layer is nice and thick, I think a "dump cake" is a more appropriate name for it but call it what ever you want, it is still simple and delicious.  

Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake

1 box yellow or white cake mix
1 stick of butter

     ***Note***:   If you do not have your own canned pie filling you may use 2 (15 oz.) cans of store bought pie filling.

       Turn your crock pot onto "high" and LIGHTLY spray the bottom and sides with cooking spray.

       Pour your pie fillings into the crock pot.  Now, open up the cake mix and pour the dry mix onto the fruit. 


Dump cake, 3 ingredient recipe, easy cobbler recipe, canning apple pie filling, crock pot recipes

 DO NOT STIR!  Cut up your butter and lay around the dry mix.  Again, DO NOT STIR!  Trust me on this.  It will be all right.

Dump cake, 3 ingredient recipe, easy cobbler recipe, canning apple pie filling, crock pot recipes


         Now, place the lid on the crock pot and wait.  

         Check after 2 1/2 hours and see if the cake is done.  Stick a toothpick into the center and see if it comes out clean.  If not, allow it to cook up to 30 minutes longer.  The edges will finish baking first but wait until the center is done before enjoying.

        This dessert is perfect on its own or you can enjoy it warm with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream!






    Another great dump cake recipe is my Cherry Dump Cake or my Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake!  Both are super delicious.
 
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
 

6 comments:

  1. Yay for dump recipes. Super yay for crockpot dump recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, I am so glad you liked it. Posting new recipes daily so I hope you'll drop by again real soon. (((hugs)))

      Delete
  2. I will add this to my menu over the next few days. It sounds delicious and I love making stuff in my crockpot. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful idea with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we do Carol!

      Delete
  3. This sounds amazing! Do you think this would work with your pie filling fresh?
    I would think that I could just let it cool and skip the canning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I use my owned apple pie filling often with it. It is linked up above if you need one.

      Delete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...