Today I am sharing a list of old-fashioned, vintage recipes...the ones your grandmother used to make. They all are tried and true and are just as good today as they were 50 years ago. I make all of these for my family and they love them. Try them out and bring back some fond memories for your family too!
Vintage Breakfast Recipes:
1. Homemade Bread Pudding. It is simple and delicious but many of today's younger generation have never even heard of it.
2. Chocolate Gravy. If you are from the South, more than likely, you know EXACTLY what chocolate gravy is and have found memories of your mama or your grandma making this for you as a child. If you're not from the South, you may be wondering what it is. Well, it's exactly what it sounds like...chocolate in gravy form.
3. Breakfast Rice. Breakfast rice is a delicious, comforting and filling breakfast. It's great on days you don't have a lot of time. We have it once or twice a week and it is always good. It's easy to make and we often make it when we go camping too. It is also a way to use leftover rice.
Vintage Main Dish Meals:
1. Chili Mac. Chili mac is a mash up of two great foods...chili and macaroni and cheese. Yum. It is the ultimate casserole in my opinion. It has so much flavor because it pairs two comfort foods together. Your whole family will go crazy for it.
3. Chicken ala King. One of those dishes that I think counts as a comfort food. A food that makes you feel warm & cozy and makes you think of the good ole days!
5. Homemade Chicken and Dumplings. My family loves Chicken & Dumplings. If they had their way, they would eat this 3-4 times a week and never tire of it. I know everyone makes theirs differently but this is the way I have been cooking mine for years and people always swear this is the best they've ever tasted. Hope you'll try it out for your family and they love it too.