Saturday, November 7, 2020

How to Make Your Own Celery Powder at Home

    I have owned my dehydrator for many years and one of the things I really like to dehydrate and make is different vegetables and herbs and turning them into my own homemade seasonings and spice mixes.  Today, I am dehydrating celery to make my own celery powder.

 


         My husband hates celery but doesn't mind, or just doesn't notice, when I add it to soups, stews, chili, or even when I sprinkle it over meat.  I also use it in my potato salad and in my salad dressings.  I love celery powder because it is a great way to add flavor to dishes without it being over powering.  Also, I prefer to make my own celery powder because when I make it, I use only celery and in the store-bought variety, there are a lot of ingredients that I prefer not to put into my family. 

         Celery and celery powder are rich in Vitamin K and Vitamin C.  They also contain calcium and have a reasonable amount of fiber.

         All you need to make celery powder is your dehydrator, some celery, and something to grind the dehydrated celery into a powder.  I just use my coffee grinder or my mortar and pestle. You can also use a spice grinder, your blender, or even a food processor.

         Take a bunch of celery and wash it.

 


     Cut up the celery.

 


    Lay out the cut up celery onto your dehydrator trays and turn on the dehydrator.  I recommend a setting of 125-135 degrees.  I put mine on at night before I go to bed so it is done in the morning.  It will take 8-10 hours to completely dry.  Once your celery is dehydrate, place the dried celery into your grinder and grind it into a powder. Store the powder in a small canning jar.  I have found that one bunch of celery makes approximately 2 oz. of celery powder.  If you want to turn the celery powder into celery salt, just take 1 tablespoon of the celery powder and mix it up with 1/4 cup of sea salt. 

 

    

    I also make my own tomato powder, mushroom powder, garlic powder and spinach powder.  Be sure to check each of them out and let me know what kinds of powders you like to make.


Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
Follow me on MeWe
Follow me on Parler

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...