Sunday, January 5, 2014

Thankfulness Jar

 
New Year's traditions, thankfulness jar, what are you thankful for
Our "Thankfulness" jar

Last year with the start of 2013, I decided to start a "thankfulness jar".  A thankfulness jar is just a jar that you use all year long by writing down on pieces of paper things you are thankful for during the year.  Then on New Year's Day of the following year, you open up the jar and everyone reads the papers.
     I'll be honest, we forgot about the jar a lot through the year but we did have about 20 pieces of paper in it.  Believe me, a lot more good things happened but we are forgetful.  We are going to really try and remember to put things in it more this year.  I think keeping it on the bar in the kitchen will help us to focus on it  more than in my office.
     Anyway, our whole family LOVED reading from it a few days ago.  We laughed and talked about it and LOVE that we did it.  We had major things in the jar such as the birth of a new grand baby; being on national TV; but we also had small things like my FB blog page reaching 5000 fans and unexpected blessings here and there.  If you have never done this, I encourage you to do so.




Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Pinterest


Other blogs you may like:
Rain on a Tin Roof
The Gathering Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...