Friday, February 5, 2021

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

    I love baking from scratch.  Nothing is better than food that is truly homemade.  Store-bought items just can't compare to the taste and this is so true when it comes to cream cheese frosting.  It is sweet, silky and creamy with just a touch of tang.  It spreads so nicely and goes perfect with my homemade chocolate cake, a wacky cake, my hot fudge cake or even a white sheet cake!  Yum!  I always have to frost my cakes right away or else I'll catch my boys eating this frosting by the spoonful until it is all gone! 

 


 Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

 12 oz. cream cheese (1 1/2 blocks)

3 1/2 c. powdered sugar

3/4 c. butter

2/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder

1-2 T. milk or evaporated milk (I make my own)

2 tsp. vanilla

1/8 tsp. salt


    In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on high with the paddle attachment until the cream cheese is smooth.  Then add in the butter and beat until creamy.

    Slowly add in the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk and salt until well blended.

     This makes enough frosting to frost two 9"x13" cakes or around 48 cupcakes.




Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...