Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Dehydrating Peeps

    One of the things I like to do the day after Easter is go to the stores and buy up a bunch of the Easter peeps on clearance.  I really don't like the taste of peeps but once they are dehydrated, they are delicious!


Easter peeps, how to dehydrate, dehydrating Peeps, unusual things to dehydrate


    Just place in your dehydrator and turn it on.  We kept them in for about 10 hours and removed them.  At first the outside is crunchy and the inside is "mushy" but give them about 15 minutes and they become crunchy throughout.  The whole taste changes and they are super delicious this way.


Other interesting things I dehydrate include Watermelon & Making your Own Sun Dried Tomatoes!
 
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
Follow me on MeWe
Follow me on Parler 


I shared this recipe with the following blogs:

8 comments:

  1. Sounds Interesting! Might just have to try this! Thanks for sharing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well heck this beats leaving them on top of the fridge for ages, like I usually do! lol I've always just referred to them as my stale peeps :) love finding out I'm not alone

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get a similar effect by microwaving them until they puff into huge peeps, then remove from micro and let them shrink and cool. They don't stay as cute that way, though. You're right that they taste much better that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, GREAT IDEA, GROWING UP WE USED TO PLACE THE OPEN PACKAGES IN THE BACK WINDOW OF THE CAR FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEY WOULD BE CRUNCHY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dehydrate mini marshmallows, they make a great snack and when you put them in hot chocolate, they dissolve fast...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to dehydrate peeps. I just put a batch in for a friend that runs a daycare. Her kids are going to love them. AND I use peeps for s'mores. They are great, color coordinated.

    ReplyDelete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...