Saturday, July 14, 2012

Homemade Soft Serve Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe

     We recently made some homemade chocolate ice cream and many people asked for the recipe.  This recipe is super simple and the ice cream comes out as a soft serve very similar to the Frosty's from Wendy's. 

3 ingredient recipe, chocolate ice cream recipe, easy homemade ice cream recipe, ingredients for homemade ice cream, Wendy's frosty recipe



Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
1/2-3/4 gallon chocolate milk
1 tub whipped topping (Cool whip)

   I used all generic brands.  Instead of whole chocolate milk, I used the 1% and it still turned out great.  
 
ingredients for homemade ice cream, Wendy's frosty recipe,  chocolate ice cream recipe, easy homemade ice cream recipe


    Pour 4 cups chocolate milk, the whipped topping and the sweetened condensed milk all together in a large pitcher or bowl.  Stir well.  Once it is mixed well, pour it into your ice cream freezer.  Pour in more chocolate milk until it reaches the "fill" line.  Put the paddle in place and lid.  Put machine together and add the ice and rock salt around it as your directions apply.  
 
    This comes out so good.  My family swears this is the best recipe ever and since it is so easy and only 3 ingredients is an added bonus.
 
     It is perfect on its own but you can raise it up a notch by topping it with some Homemade Whipped Cream Topping.  

      This ice cream would go wonderful with my Southern Fried Hand PiesChocolate Cobbler,  or my Death by Chocolate Cake!
 
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
 

21 comments:

  1. Boy, that sure looks delicious and simple! I will have to try it out soon!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, I hope you try it soon and let me know what you think.
      Hugs,
      Melody

      Delete
  2. Your ice cream looks delicious. We haven't made it in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious!! We haven't made it in a while, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good and perfect for these really hot days we are having here! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous and easy and I just bought an Ice cream machine. I'd love it if you stopped by my link party. http://acraftycook.blogspot.com/2012/07/1-month-of-fun-july-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin and thank you for stopping by. I am heading to your link party now! :-) Would love for you to stop by again.
      Melody

      Delete
  6. This looks delicious. Perfect start for chocolate sundaes. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and thanks for stopping by. I will be at your blog hop tomorrow for sure!

      Delete
  7. Never knew you could do this, but it sure looks delicious. thanks for the recipe, Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail, I appreciate you stopping by. It is always great to link up with you. Our family prefers the soft-serve like ice cream so we always do it this way.

      Delete
  8. Yum!!! I have never made homemade ice cream, but I know my boys would love this! Thank you for sharing on NOBH!
    Love and God Bless,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy, thank you for stopping by and I am sure your boys will love it. Let me know what they think.
      God bless,
      Melody

      Delete
  9. Melody...I love chocolate ice cream but I've never made homemade ice cream but may have to look into it. This looks so delicious. Thank you for sharing your recipe at WJIM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this great recipe. My mom said that your blog is awesome and I have to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad your mom likes my blog. Hope you both will become a follower. I do appreciate it.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for stopping by. Heading to your site now. You have lots of cute stuff. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your domain is a wonderful place to get innovative data! Do you mind if I make a trackback of several of your articles on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love it if you wanted to trackback to my page! What is your blog address so I can visit it?

      Delete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...