Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I'm back!

    Gosh, it has been a crazy few weeks.  I won't go into all the details but our family has been on an emotional roller coaster.  Satan has attacked us hard but God was always on our side and helped us conquer everything that was thrown our way.  Today, our family took a much needed day off and it was perfect.  We swam in our new pool.  (The very first pool my hubby has ever owned).  It's not a big pool but perfect size for us and we need no bigger.  Then after swimming, we sat under our canopy and had a cookout of hamburgers and hot dogs.  Gosh, food tastes so much better when it is grilled over charcoal!  Anyway, the day was perfect.
     Things are going to slow down for us now (we think) and I should be back to writing daily.  Thank you for your patience everyone!
Hugs,
Melody

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are all ok. Sounds like a wonderful day in the pool and with a bbq. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely helped me, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your post Melody. I live on $1300 a month too. Always looking to save more though.lol. How do you make your own clothes soap? Tell me more ways to save money. I don't eat out much,make it on what we have. What hurts me, is here the electric company charges high in winter( sometimes 400-500 a month)!!! Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the link to my laundry soap: http://countrifiedhicks.blogspot.com/2012/04/homemade-laundry-detergent.html

      Delete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...