Monday, April 6, 2020

What We Are Doing to Stay Safe!

     I wanted to tell you what I am doing to try and not get Covid-19. Some people (even some relatives) think I am going overboard but I don't think so. We wear protective masks everywhere we go and carry hand sanitizer, triple antibiotic, Lysol spray, and Lysol wipes everywhere we go. On the face masks, we were told by a virologist and an immunologist that most people are wearing the masks improperly. He told ours to wear them inside out. If you are sick and do not want others sick, you wear the mask the "normal" way with the charcoal layers, etc. against your mouth BUT if you want to keep stuff out and you are well, wear them with the filters facing out. I know that many masks do not block a lot but the MAIN reason we wear masks is to keep us from touching our faces.  

     We rarely go to a store but if we do, we put a bit of triple antibiotic into our noses and then our masks and goggles.  We take in a Lysol wipe and hand sanitizer.  We wipe down the buggy and as we shop, we stop periodically and use the hand sanitizer.  When we get to our van, all bags are wiped down on the outside of the bag with Lysol wipes and then the bags are covered with a tarp.  When we get home, each item is removed outside and wiped down individually with Lysol wipes and then brought into the house.  The bags are trashed outside and the tarp is removed and sprayed down with Lysol spray and hung on the line for 2 days.

    If we go to the ATM, I use hand sanitizer immediately after getting the money and I hand someone in the vehicle the money.  That person takes a Lysol wipe and wipes down each bill thoroughly with a wipe before it goes into my purse.  We do this with change at a store too but I have been trying hard to pay with exact change or if it is only a little bit, I say “keep the change”.

    It might seem like “over kill” but I prefer people to think I’m crazy then bring something home to my family unwillingly.

     Are you doing the same or do you do anything that we do not?


Follow me on Pinterest
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube channel
Follow me on Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...