Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Cooking Ground Beef in the Crock Pot

    I often buy my ground beef in bulk because it is so much cheaper this way.  I was speaking to a good friend of mine the other day at the grocery store and she said she never buys 5-10 pounds at a time because she didn't want  it to go bad before she could cook it.  I told her I cook 5 pounds at a time with very little work and she wanted to know how.  I explained it to her and thought some of my readers may be intrigued also.  So here is my technique for doing so.
 
 
 

      It is super easy.  All you need to do is turn on your crock pot onto low and allow it to heat up for 30 minutes.


cooking ground beef in bulk, how to cook hamburger quick & easy, cooking hamburger in the crock pot, cooking hamburger in the slow cooker, how to cook bulk ground beef, fast & easy, freezer cooking,


      Open up your package of meat (5 pounds) and put it in.
 




       Add in 1 cup of beef broth.  If you have no beef broth, just add in 1 cup of water.  The meat will still turn out flavorful and good even if you use water.  It is just a bit more so with beef broth.

    Put the lid on the crock pot and leave it alone for 2 hours.  After 2 hours, I stir up the meat and add in 2-3 T. of dehydrated chopped onions.  You can add in salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt or whatever seasonings you prefer at this point.  I only like to season my meat with onions because I use it in all kinds of dishes and only onions works best for all the meals I cook.
 
 

 

         After you add in the onions or whatever else you plan on adding in, stir again and replace the lid and allow it to cook for a few more hours.  After the meat has been cooking for about 4 hours total, it is time to drain the meat and divide it up into freezer safe baggies.  Easy-peasy.

*****NOTE***** If you are using frozen hamburger meat, allow it to cook for 3 hours before stirring for the first time and allow it to cook for almost 8-10 hours total.

     The prepared hamburger meat goes great in tacos, Cheeseburger Casserole, Pizza Lasagna, and my Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole.


     Other things I like to keep my freezer stocked with to make meal times easier include:  Make Ahead Hamburger Patties,  Freezer Biscuits, and Freezer Meal:  Sweet 'n Sour Chicken.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I'm going to be all over this! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to find good information from your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my mince to be a nice brown colour - so I add either or both of Marmite (a yeast extract) and some Worcestershire sauce. Great idea to do a whole bunch at once. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good Carole. Thanks for allowing me to link up with you.

      Delete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...