Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Duritos (Or Mexican Wagon Wheels)

      I was at our local grocery store recently and seen some weird looking things in the produce section called "Duritos".

Duritos, mexican pinwheels, Mexican wagon wheels, snack ideas


Duritos, mexican pinwheels, Mexican wagon wheels, snack ideas

 I wasn't sure what they were but they were super cheap so I decided to buy some and bring them home and cook them.  I am glad I did because they are really pretty good.  

      Duritos are mainly carbs and are super easy to make.  You just deep fry them for a few seconds and they puff up.  It's kind of cool to watch them go from these super hard little things to puffed up pastries almost.  

Duritos, mexican pinwheels, Mexican wagon wheels, snack ideas


     After deep frying them we sprinkled them with powdered sugar and they tasted really good. 

Duritos, mexican pinwheels, Mexican wagon wheels, snack ideas


 We got a nice big bag full for less than one dollar so it makes a really frugal snack.  Next time you are at your local grocery store be sure to check the produce aisle or Mexican aisle and see if they carry them.  It is worth it!


You could serve these as a side dish to my Mexican Tater Tot Casserole or my Mexican Chicken Casserole.


Follow us on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube channel
Follow me on Instagram 

I shared this post on the following blogs and link parties:
Melt in Your Mouth Mondays

4 comments:

  1. You can also cook them in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds if you don't want the fat from frying or just need them quickly for a hungry little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten all about these. My grandmother made these often as a quick snack for me. I'll have to find some soon and see what my children think of them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...