Friday, July 4, 2014

Dehydrating Apples with Cinnamon

  One of our favorite ways to preserve apples is by dehydrating the apple slices with cinnamon.   They are SOOOO good and easy to do!  They make a great snack that is nutritious and delicious.
drying apples, preserving apples, how to dehydrate apples, good dehydrator to buy, Oster dehydrator

   All you do is wash your apples. Now take your apples and slice them.  I use a mandolin and use my "medium" slice.   Take some lemon juice and pour some into a bowl.  As you slice your apples, take them and dip them into the bowl (just long enough to get some of the juice on all surface layers).
drying apples, preserving apples, how to dehydrate apples, good dehydrator to buy, Oster dehydrator
The apple slice in the bowl of lemon juice.


     Then remove each slice from the lemon juice and place it on the dehydrator tray.
drying apples, preserving apples, how to dehydrate apples, good dehydrator to buy, Oster dehydrator
  Next, take some cinnamon and sprinkle it generously over each apple slice.
drying apples, preserving apples, how to dehydrate apples, good dehydrator to buy, Oster dehydrator

  Turn the dehydrator on and let them dehydrate about 8-10 hours.  I just turn on my dehydrator when I go to bed and they are done the next morning.  I store mine in mason jars.

drying apples, good dehydrator to buy, how to dehydrate apples, Oster dehydrator, preserving apples


Follow me on Pinterest
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on g+
Follow us on linkedin
Follow our Youtube channel

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your posts on dehydrating very much. I am going to do this when my apple trees have an abundance. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia, you are so sweet to take the time and leave me comments. They make me smile!

      Delete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...