Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Homemade Steak Sauce

   

    
     Today I am going to share a delicious recipe with you "Homemade Steak Sauce".  I know you're thinking to yourself "she can't afford steak" and you'd be right.  ;-)   But I have a recipe for some anyway and canned four jars full today.  By the way, my steak sauce tastes similar to the "57 variety" kind of sauce.

Homemade Steak Sauce
 
2 c. ketchup
3/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. lemon juice
1/2 c. white vinegar
4 T. brown sugar
2 T. Teriyaki sauce
2 T. yellow mustard
2 tsp. garlic powder


    Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a gentle boil.  Once it boils, turn to simmer and let it simmer 30 minutes.  Transfer the sauce to hot, sterilized jars and water bath process them for 15 minutes.  Makes enough to fill 4 half-pint jars.

homemade steak sauce, how to make sauces and condiments
      
If you liked this recipe, check out my recipes for Tangy BBQ Sauce and Homemade Spaghetti Sauce.
 
Follow me on Youtube
Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter


 




11 comments:

  1. I'm trying to find an email addy for you, but can't. :( could you email me when you have a chance please? Thnaks! Kathy@The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking this wonderful recipe up with the Hearts for Home Blog Hop. I look forward to trying it out myself.

    Your post has been selected to feature on Monsters Ed Homeschool Academy's Hearts for Home Blog Hop post featuring recipes which will go live on Thursday, September 19th. Please remember to grab the "I was Featured" button :)
    http://monstersed.co.za/2013/09/19/hearts-home-blog-hop-16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jolene, thank you so much for the feature. I will post it proudly!

      Delete
  3. This sounds great! I'm pinning for future reference. Thank you so much for sharing this at our HomeAcre Hop. We'd love to have you back again on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for pinning the recipe. I really appreciate it. I love linking up with you each week!

      Delete
  4. This sounds so easy to do. And I bet it tastes great! Hope you have a great day.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy! I'll have to try it this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katidids, I hope you had a chance to try it and like it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. says this site doesn't let me/you save pins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it because it should.

      Delete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...