Friday, April 5, 2019

The Best No-Bean Chili Recipe

    
 
     I love chili.  I like to eat "regular" chili (with beans) on its own but for a topping for baked potatoes, chili cheese fries or to make chili dogs, I prefer a "no-bean" chili.  I hate buying it canned because it has so many preservatives and added ingredients that I wanted to come up with my own.  I came up with this recipe and it is FANTASTIC!  It is so delicious and just what I needed for the french fries we air fried for supper.


    I used ground venison for this recipe but you can use ground beef or ground turkey, or any ground meat you prefer.   Also, this is a quick recipe.  I make mine in under 30 minutes.  My traditional chili I like to cook low and slow and allow it to simmer for a few hours but this recipe is fast.  There is no need to "nurse" it to make it taste good.  It turns out perfectly every time and it is delicious.
 
 

 
The Best No-Bean Chili Recipe

1 (16 oz.) can beef broth (2 cups)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 can tomato paste
3 T. olive oil
2 T. chili powder
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. black pepper
shredded cheese

    In a large pot, add in the ground meat, olive oil and the onions.  I used ground venison and it is really lean meat.  If you are using ground beef that is fattier, you can cut down the olive oil to just 1 tablespoon if you prefer.

easy no bean chili recipe, no bean 30 minute chili recipe, easy venison no bean chili, venison recipes, the best venison chili recipe,

    Brown the meat until it is browned.

easy no bean chili recipe, no bean 30 minute chili recipe, easy venison no bean chili, venison recipes, the best venison chili recipe,

    I did not drain the fat.  I left it because it adds a lot of flavor to the chili.  Now, add in the rest of the ingredients, except the shredded cheese, and stir well.  I allowed the chili to cook for about 15 minutes.



     Sprinkle with cheese before serving.  Now the chili can be eaten on its own or serve over a plate of fries, on a baked potato, in chili mac, or even on my Cheesy Chili Dog Tater Tot Casserole.  It is so good!
 



Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram



4 comments:

  1. I’m not a fan of beans & this recipe sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for dropping by and I hope you like it as much as we do.

      Delete
  2. This looks great but I have a question: what size cans of tomatoes? The regular 16 oz cans? And is the tomato paste an 8 oz can? I just wanted to check. I am enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the confusion. The tomatoes are the 16 oz. cans and the tomato paste is the small 8 oz. can. Thank you so much for stopping by and I am so glad you are enjoying my blog.

      Delete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...