Monday, July 28, 2014

Dehydrating Limes

   I love to dehydrate; in fact, I prefer dehydrating over canning.  I find that it is more energy efficient and takes up a lot less room.  Today I dehydrated some limes I found on sale.  They had them for 4 for a $1.00.

lime zest, citrus powder, how to make your own citrus powder, dehydrating limes
     When you dehydrate limes, you actually get 2 great uses out of them.  I first use my citrus zester and use it on the outside of the limes to get lime zest.

lime zest, citrus powder, how to make your own citrus powder, dehydrating limes


     I freeze some of it for use in recipes but the rest I dehydrate and grind into lime powder.  This can be added to recipes or drinks.

     Once that is done, I slice the limes with my mandolin and then put the lime slices in the dehydrator over night.

lime zest, citrus powder, how to make your own citrus powder, dehydrating limes
 
    I store them in a mason jar and they are there for whenever I should need them.  They are great to throw into a cold glass of water.
 


   Be sure to check out my post on making Citrus Powder by Dehydrating Red Pomelo Grapefruit! 

Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...