Large Visitor Globe

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Homemade Waffles (No milk recipe)


       We do not do cold cereal at our house anymore.  We stopped buying breakfast cereal a few months back.  Instead we have oatmeal, eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles or pancakes and it is all made from scratch.  Today's recipe is our waffle recipe.
Homemade Waffles
                                                2 c. flour                       3 T. sugar
                                                1/2 tsp. baking soda      3 eggs
                                                1 tsp. baking powder      2 T. margarine, softened
                                                1 tsp. salt                     1 c. apple or pumpkin butter
                                                1 c. water

        If you do not have any apple or pumpkin butter, you can use applesauce instead.  Just mix all the ingredients together into a bowl.  Heat up your waffle iron and when it is ready, cook the waffles.  They have such great flavor.  This makes 16 waffles.
Waffle recipe, how to make homemade waffles, Can you make waffles without milk, No milk waffles






Follow me on Pinterest
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on g+
Follow us on linkedin
Follow our Youtube channel
Follow me on Instagram 


Blogs I have linked this recipe up with include:

6 comments:

  1. Interesting recipe!! I make my waffles ahead and freeze them so that we can have them whenever we are in the mood. It is so yummy to a nice waffle :) These sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My roomie and I had these for breakfast this morning! VERY good and super easy. It just so happened that we had a jar of apple butter leftover from out fall trip to a local orchard but no milk (go figure ,right?). So we made the substitution and I think this will be our new recipe for waffles! Thanks!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for letting me know Anastasia. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. What the time limit? I'm about to make these !! ASAP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most waffle irons have a light that comes on (or goes off) when the waffles are done. If your waffle iron has not indicator, I would check for doneness after 1 1/2 minutes.

      Delete

Blog Oklahoma
Blog Oklahoma
easy recipes