Sunday, February 2, 2014

Dehydrating Peppers and Saving the Seeds

   I LOVE to dehydrate.  Today, I have been dehydrating bell peppers and drying the seeds too. The seeds will be saved to be used in my garden this summer.

    Just wash your peppers.  Cut off the top of the peppers and gently remove the top and shake the seeds off onto the cabinet.

seed saving, dehydrating bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, orange peppers, making salsa


  Just slice up your peppers by dicing or cutting them into strips.

dehydrating bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, orange peppers, making salsa


 I dehydrate four different colors of peppers so I use one tray per color.  One tray will have diced red peppers and their seeds; another tray will be for yellow peppers and seeds; one for orange and one for the green peppers.
dehydrating bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, orange peppers, making salsa

 Once dried, I store all the dehydrated peppers together.

dehydrating bell peppers, making salsa, orange peppers, yellow bell peppers
Don't they look pretty?

 I will use them in soups, casseroles and to make colorful salsa this summer.  They can be stored on the shelf in a baggie or quart jar.  The seeds I keep in small baggies and just mark the baggie accordingly.


dehydrating bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, orange peppers, making salsa




Follow us on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on g+
Follow our Youtube channel
Follow me on Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...