Monday, February 11, 2013

Poor Bubba...

     My 15 year old son, bless his heart, is clumsy.  Well, clumsy is an understatement.  The boy falls or trip or hurts himself at least 5 times a day.  We generally contribute it all to his big feet.  His feet seem to grow faster than the rest of him and we tell him he is still trying to get the hang of his big clown feet.  The rest of him has to catch up.  Anyway, I was in my office yesterday and I heard a faint "Help!".  I get up and go outside and this is what I see.
Life with the Gravitts, clumsy teenage years, stuck in the mud, poor Bubba

   Yep, there he sat all forlorn looking.  The day before, he and his dad, dug up a tree stump and filled the deep hole with dirt.  Well, it rained all night long and became a muddy pit and then along came Bub, who had forgot about the hole, and this is how I found him.
Life with the Gravitts, clumsy teenage years, stuck in the mud, poor Bubba
Don't he look pitiful?


Life with the Gravitts, clumsy teenage years, stuck in the mud, poor Bubba
Yep, he's in there good.


Life with the Gravitts, clumsy teenage years, stuck in the mud, poor Bubba
Almost past his boots.

   So, after laughing, I went inside to call my hubby.  He had gone into town and with my MS, I knew I couldn't pull him out on my own.  The mud had sucked him in there good and it was so tight, he couldn't even pull his feet out of the boots.

   So...I'm inside making the call and guess what?  My 8 year old came out to see what all the commotion was about and I guess he wanted to join his big brother.


Life with the Gravitts, clumsy teenage years, stuck in the mud, poor Bubba
       Yep.  You guessed it.  He stepped off into the mud hole too.  (Thankfully, he removed all his clothing, but his underwear first)
     See, he looks a lot happier about his situation though.  So I get to call Ron, my hubby, back and let him know he has TWO children to help out of the mud now.  Only in our family!!!!

Click here to see what happened to Bub another time!

    

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Pinterest

14 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh, how funny! Your younger son looks like he is having a good time in the mud!

    Found your site from the Blogtackular Blog hop!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great and funny story! We call our youngest son Bubba, too. It seems like a prerequisite for country kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a story! You put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. I love it if we can make someone smile and my boys do this for me everyday!

      Delete
  4. Aw brilliant! I love how your youngest wanted in as well - siblings eh?! Thanks for sharing this great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boys are so cute Mel..I Love It!

    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are priceless! How funny! Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We are still laughing at this post! :) -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. My kids are a hoot and it is never boring around here. I appreciate you all!

      Delete
  7. Hahahaha! This will be so fun to look back on some day! Messes just see to attract boys. I think because they move so fast.

    I have a gross story. One time my son was about seven years old and he got sick and threw up on the floor. I was going to get something to clean it up and his three year old brother ran around the corner and slipped and fell in it. He was pretty upset and crying when he found out what he fell in.

    So I had to call hubby to put the dog out (you know how dogs are) and then clean it up so that I could clean our three year old up! Not to mention take care of a sick seven year old, lol!

    Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...