Monday, May 28, 2012

Submission & Prayer Report

    God retaught me a lesson this week.  I say "retaught" because, gosh, I am a slow learner.
     Our family has been praying and praying for God to send us a blessing.  We needed to sell our fireworks stand.  See, I have MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and heat affects the disease.  I am the one who usually sits in the fireworks stand every day during the season.  It gets wicked hot there.  I work the stand and my husband sleeps there overnight to make sure no one breaks in.  The arrangement worked for us, that is, until MS reared its ugly head.
      We knew that this year there was no way that I could work the stand.  We also knew that we did not have any money to even purchase fireworks this year.  We decided to sell our stand and use the money to rent a building to sell fireworks out of and to purchase this years fireworks inventory.  We had the plan and now just needed a buyer.  I listed the stand for sale in Dallas, Tulsa, McAlester and Ft. Smith. We received a lot of spam offers and a few people who seemed interested.  But no go.
Praise report, God answers prayer, Christian blog, Submit to the Lord, submissive woman, God's will, Fireworks, fireworks stand
Our Fireworks stand

     We were on a deadline.  Fireworks season begins June 15th and we had less than a month to go.  We prayed and prayed and prayed.  I got so depressed and angry.  I knew God had always helped us.  I also knew that God sometimes says no but we had been praying that if the answer was no or if this was not meant to be, to speak to our hearts and let us know.  My hubby and I were only getting "This is what will happen".
     On one of my worst nights, I was distraught.  On Thursday night, with 3 weeks to go before the season, with only days before I had to put in my fireworks order, I crumbled.  I was angry.  I almost gave up but then something happened.  My eyes and heart opened up and I realized (again) that I was doing it wrong.
     I started out right.  I prayed for God's guidance.  I prayed for His will.  I prayed for Him to help us but along the way, I started (unintentionally) of wanting God to do it on a timeline.  I had a set date in my mind and God needed to meet that deadline.  Boy, I was wrong and at that moment, I realized it.  I prayed to God to forgive me.  I vowed to surrender to Him and He would do it if and when He was ready and I accepted that.  I started writing out verses and feelings into a notebook:  "God's time--not my time.   Be patient.  God's will.  Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to your own understanding.  My God shall supply all your needs!  Our God is an awesome God!  I have nothing to fear for God is with me.  If God be for me it doesn't matter who is against me!"
     The very NEXT day, I checked emails and a man from Texas wanted to buy our stand.  Hallelujah!  Praise God.  I just had to surrender to the Lord and He answered me in a big way.  On Saturday, we met the gentleman and his father.  Really nice people.  They offered what they could afford and we accepted.  It was less than what we wanted but exactly what we needed!
     Needless to say, we have rented the building.  Electricity gets turned on Tuesday.  Fireworks inventory on the way.  Phone service will be on Thursday with plenty of time before season opening.   Can you say "Praise God"?!
     The gentleman who bought the stand, well his wife is in the hospital and has been since mid-April.  Please pray for her full recovery.  And thank you for allowing me to share my praise report!

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Pinterest

Another blog you may like:

20 comments:

  1. YAY! What an awesome praise report- our God is so good and does supply all of our needs. I love that verse in Scripture, and I love that God gives us His promises to stand upon. Thank you for sharing at Workin' It Mondays!

    Blessings,
    Nicole
    Working Kansas Homemaker (.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, thank you for allowing me to link up with you again this week. I love that you were able to get a new blog address.

      Delete
  2. God is faithful! What an encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, thank you for stopping by! I am glad it was an encouragement to you!

      Delete
  3. I always appreciate your honest posts and testimony to God. I'm praying that God continues to bless you as you trust him. Thanks for linking up with B&BB. May you be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am encouraged. Thanks for your testimony! Thanks for linking up with Make Life Meaningful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN!!!! Praise God - HE IS SO GOOD - ALL OF THE TIME <3
    What an inspirational story..thank you for sharing :) And thank you for linking up to First Day of My Life's Thankful Thursday!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am your newest follower! That is an awesome story about your stand! Check out mine if you have time @ http:mostwhatmatters.blogspot.com. Can't wait to hear more!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, I am so glad you stopped by. Going to your site now!

      Delete
  7. Its funny how we can begin trusting the Lord with something and then remove it from His hands and take over. Ultimately, as you shared, we realize what we've done and give it back, trusting even more His will. I'm so glad He proved Himself once more and everything has worked out and in time as well. Your notebook idea is a great way to keep our hearts in check by writing it down. Thank you for sharing this at WJIM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ya have to love God's timing don't ya?! sometimes it's heartstopping!! praying for you- i have another friend with ms and i know how wicked it an be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, MS is a monster. I recently found a FB page for MS sufferers and it is nice having people with the like problems to talk to!

      Delete
  9. Thank God for His most timely provisions! Thank you for sharing your story. Found your site from Word Filled Wednesday. My link is right after yours. Visiting from www.ahouseandyard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calista, thanks for stopping by. I went to your blog and am now following you. Hope you'll return the favor and stop by again sometime.

      Delete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...