Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Gardening

   How many of you are gardeners or have planted your garden already this year?  We live in the south and planted early this year.  We have already harvested some green onions/scallions and some leaf lettuce.  Our tomato plants all have small tomatoes on them already.  And our broccoli and cauliflower have nice heads on them already too.  What have you planted so far?  What is your favorite thing to harvest?  I can't wait to start harvesting.  Fresh fruits and vegetables!   Yummy!  I can't wait to start canning and dehydrating and filling our pantry shelves.
     Are you excited too?  A fellow blogger mentioned that they are keeping track of the amount they harvest this year.  How fun.  I am going to do this too.  Each time we pick anything from our 2 gardens, I will weigh it and hopefully by the end of season will have a remarkable amount recorded.  I will do weekly weigh in amounts to keep everyone posted.
    We bought a few plants but mostly purchased seed and started the majority indoors and moved out into the garden later.  So far we have several varieties of tomatoes planted along with:  butternut squash, head and leaf lettuce, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, 2-3 types of potatoes, collard greens, green onions, yellow onions, cabbage, corn, peas, green beans, spinach, and coffee.  I still need to plant carrots and my herbs.  Am I missing anything?

Follow us on Facebook



Use coupon #G5666 for 3 free Peacock Orchid Bulbs!



Garden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...